(Time required to make: approximately 1.5 hrs due to baking the chips)
- Sweet Potato
- Tinned tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Diced Tomato
- Natural yogurt
- Cut up sweet potato and potato into chips.
- Bake on 210 degrees for 30 min, toss them and bake for a further 30 min. This will depend on your oven. Follow your usual temperature and time that you use to cook baked vegetables.
- Cook up onion and garlic in a fry pan with a splash of oil until soft.
- Add mince and cook until brown.
- Add lentils, cumin and diced tomatoes and simmer for 10 min.
- Prepare the toppings to go with the nachos- Dice up a tomato, grate up some cheese, serve up some yogurt, and scoop out an avocado. We used salsa also for a topping.
- Once mince mixture and chips are cooked prepare to put in baking tray.
- Line baking tray with chips, making sure they come up the side of the dish also.
- Top the chips with the mince mixture.
- Top with grated cheese. Bake for 10 min or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with the prepared toppings.
By Clare at Relaxed Parenting