Have you attempted a sensory board of any type?
My 8 month old daughter is obsessed with tags, cords, zippers etc. She will spot them a mile away and go straight for them. I have done a lot of searching at different sensory play activities and have seen a lot of cool idea for sensory boards. These two things in mind I decided to give it a crack myself and create one for my daughter.
- Colourful wool
- Pipe cleaners
- Sticky tape
- Cut a piece of cardboard ( I used an old box from a kitchen appliance we had purchased) to the size of your choice.
- Paint what ever design you wish on the cardboard and let it dry.
- Use scissors to punch wholes onto the cardboard
- Use a variety of materials – ribbons, wool, pipe cleaners etc to create different tags and things for your baby to fiddle with and explore. Make sure any sharp edges are covered up (I used sticky tape to cover the ends of the pipe cleaners).
- Sticky tape them to the back of the board to secure them
- Let your baby play and explore!
I would love to see your sensory boards!!
By Clare at Relaxed Parenting Blog