Now this is not expert advice so if you have any concerns always check with your doctor before giving anything to your child.
Since our daughter was 9 months old we have been giving her bits of our dinner. We are slowly introducing flavours that we eat all the time. The other night I made up a curry.
Sausage and Vegetable Curry
- 2 large potatos
- 3 small carrots
- half a sweet potato
- 1 onion
- Tinned tomato
- Tin of lentils
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tray of sausages
1. Chop up potatoes, carrots, sweet potato into cubes (medium sized chunks). Boil until soft (so you can stick a knife through but not mash them).
2. Dice onion. Heating the pan to medium to high, add oil, diced onion, garlic, tumeric, and cumin to a fry pan and cook until soft.
3. Chop up the sausages into chunks/cubes. Use a sharp knife so you don’t mash them up too much. Add to the onion and spices fry pan.
4. Once cooked turned the vegetables off and set aside (I left in the water until I needed them) – Make sure the vegetables are cooked as you don’t want hard potatoes in the final dish.
5. Once the sausages are brown and cooked, add- drained vegetables and stir, drained lentils and stir, tinned tomato and stir. Turn heat down to low-medium to simmer for 10-15 min covering with a lid. Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
6. Once cooked its ready to serve. We got a serving for Dad, Mum and Baby with plenty of left overs for all of us to try again tomorrow for lunch.
7. You can also top with Sour cream or natural yogurt for extra flavouring if you wish.
We had a full take away container left over which came in handy as lunch the next day.
By Clare at Relaxed Parenting
I am proudly supported by Sinchies