Miss A loves balloons so I thought we would make a fun animal hat for her to wear. My original plan was to make a bunny as it is almost Easter but I don’t have any white balloons so it looks more like a mouse.
This hat is SO easy and quick to make and can be apart of the dress up craft box for your child to play with.
What you need:
- Sticky tape
- PVA glue
- 2x A4 sheets of paper
- 1 pom pom
- 2 balloons
- A texta
- Fold the 2 pieces of paper in half and half again long ways. Staple them together to make along strip (the head piece).
- Measure the size of your child’s head and staple the headpiece together to make a circle.
- Sticky tape over the staples so they don’t stick out and poke/scratch your child.
- Blow up 2 balloons small enough so they look like ears. Once you tie them up try and shape them a little so they are long rather than round.
- Staple them to the headpiece and sticky tape the down.
- Time to draw on your animals face. In this case it was a mouse. Eyes, whiskers, ears.
- PVA glue the pompom on for the nose and you are done.
You could get creative and make many other animals depending on the colours you have to use and how good your imagination is.
By Clare at Relaxed Parenting