Now this is not expert advice so if you have any concerns always check with your doctor before giving anything to your child.
My doctor advised us all along that once our daughter hit 9 months old we could give her just about anything. Well we have hit that 9 month mark and the adventures of fun food have begun! 🙂
This morning I made Scrambled eggs for the two of us. Being able to give her foods I eat has made a great difference for me as I am a bit slack on getting proper food/meals for myself at times instead of just snacking on bits and pieces in the fridge and cupboard.
- 3-4 eggs
- Splash of milk
- Dried basil
- Cheddar cheese – shredded
- Toast and butter to go with your scrambled eggs
- Crack 3-4 eggs into a bowl- I always like to crack them into a cup/bowl first in case they are bad and don’t ruin my whole dish.
- Add some dried basil, shredded cheese, and a splash of milk into your bowl with the eggs. Wisk until all mixed together.
- Turn on the stove to a medium heat, put the butter into a saucepan to melt.
- Add the egg mixture to the saucepan and stir until cooked
- Cook up some toast to go with the eggs
- Serve into two bowls – one for baby one for mum and enjoy!
(Picture on left- butter in the saucepan, Picture on the right- egg mixture cooking in saucepan)
(Picture on left- My 9 Month Old girls serving, Picture on right- Her bowl and my bowl)
It was lots of fun sharing breakfast today! I look forward to experimenting with new tastes, flavours, and textures with my little girl as she gets bigger.
I look forward to sharing our food ideas with you all and hope to inspire a few other mums with homemade foods!
I would also LOVE to hear about different meals you prepare for your baby/children on my FACEBOOK page.
By Clare at Relaxed Parenting Blog